Fall Novato Box Basics Boys U12-U14
- THURSDAYS: 8 sessions from September 14 – November 2, 2017
- Rain date: November 9 for sessions cancelled due to rain
- Daily drop in players must email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to attending session
- Walk up registrations on the first day or thereafter will incur an additional administrative fee of $25
- Please review the FAQS page for additional information and policies
All West’s “Box Basics” is designed to help players evolve into the player they want to be for spring – is super-fast paced and develops stick skills in a tight confined space. It’s fast action fun and great conditioning as you get ready for spring.
- Provides players with an amazing Pre-season lacrosse experience. There’s no better way to improve your lacrosse game this winter than learning the “Box Lacrosse Basics” with All West Lacrosse.
- This is a very safe box program- no boarding/no cross checking– that will enhance skills that are completely transferable to your outdoor game!
- Players learn techniques, methodology and the overall box system that translates into player and team success.
- Gives players the opportunity to work on:
- Stick skills
- Stick protection
- The 2 man game
- Conditioning…. and lots more!
- *NO cross checking, boarding or long poles allowed
- *Not for beginners
- Full equipment is required (helmet, shoulder pads, arm pads, gloves, mouth piece and lacrosse stick)
Did you see Team Canada beat Team USA at the World Championships in 2014? Most of these reasons can be attributed to the Canadians being amazing “box lax” players. Denver University won the National Championship in 2015 because their offensive coordinator, Matt Brown, being a Canadian, and his team buys into his Canadian style system. DU is better than any American team at the 2 man game and finishing the ball.